Notes: 1. The building was originally built in 1866 as a Dissenters’ meeting house and school. It became a Reading Room and Lecture Hall, and was also used as Drill Hall for Percy Volunteer Artillery. It was bought by public subscription in 1920 as a war memorial hall, with the hopes of being extended.
2. A free library commenced on 5th February 1921.
3. Mr. Deuchar of Shortridge Hall had offered to pay the bank whatever the percentage over 4% was due on the loan.
4. The adjoining property had been bought for the purpose of extending the premises, and the vendor had refunded £25 towards the cost of the scheme.
5. For the 2014 commemoration, the building was attended to and a new name plate placed over the entrance.