Notes: 1. “In June 1920 the club, having received compensation from the military for the use of their ground, started planning for a stand to seat 500 spectators and for a pavilion, both to be achieved for not more than £750. A stand was built and a wooden pavilion was bought from the Army. The pavilion was in use by February 1921 and in September 1921 was officially opened as the Club War Memorial by Sir George Renwick, M.P. who unveiled a brass tablet bearing the names of 21 Percy Park members who had given their lives in the recent war”.
2. In Tyne & Wear Archives is a paper headed “Percy Park Prospects” dated 3rd September 1920, it is stated that the Government had paid a substantial sum for the use of the ground during the war. The ground had been restored. A new stand 84 feet long (25.6m) was under construction. An Army hut 72 feet long (21.94m) had been erected to serve as a Committee Room and for serving teas, and the dressing rooms were soon to be equipped with hot water baths. “It is hoped that the ‘Hut’ be made a Club War Memorial and towards its cost a sum of £45 had already been subscribed”.
3. The unveiling was performed before match between Percy Park and Hartlepool Rovers. Both teams were present at the ceremony, each wearing their club colours, The two captains, H.C. Catcheside and W. Hill, deposited wreaths, and there were floral tributes from Tynedale and Rockcliff Clubs and Mrs. Westwick.
4. Hartlepool Northern Daily Mail 12/09/1921 reports:- The pavilion will be a great acquisition to the club as a large army hut has been converted to meet all the requirements of visiting teams, there being dressing rooms, baths, a general room, a committee room and so forth.