Parish Notes
ALNWICK

Properties used by War Department in the Great War.
War Office / Lands and Buildings Reconstruction Committee / List of Lands and Buildings in the occupation of the War Department 1st June 1918. / Northern Command.

Properties marked with an asterisk were either owned by or leaded by the War Department prior to the commencement of the war. All other properties have been taken over since 4th August 1914.


ALNWICK
Accommodation of troops: Alnbank; *Barracks; 13 Bondgate Without; Bow Alley; Castle Pastures (Hutment Camp); Clayport, Grey’s Inn; Fountain House, Bondgate Within; Green Batt House; Narrowgate (House and Shop); Red House (Two Rooms); St. Andrew’s Mission Hall; St. James’s P.M. Hall; Seabank.
Aerodrome : Snipe House (Landing Ground)
Hospitals: Hope Villa
Offices: 44 Bondgate Within
Rifle Range
Stores: Northern and Star Garage; Theatre Basements.