Parish Notes
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
William Morris Club

Photo: Illustrated Chronicle

Members of the Wiilliam Morris Club who served in the Great War were issued with a Certificate. It was designed by Mr. William Wild, a member of the club and well known in local art circles.

The club address is given as 18 Clayton Street.

On the left is the quotation: " For fellowship is life and the lack of fellowship is death".

The certificate reads:
The
William Morris
Club
Memento
To (Space for name)
A token of Remembrance & Appreciation
of those Members of the above Club who
served in the Great War.
It is signed by W.T. Robson, Chairman, C. Mitford, Secretary, and Alf. Reed, Treasurer.

The Illustrated Chronicle 18/05/1920 reports the story with this photograph.

The Newcastle Daily Chronicle 17/06/1920 reports the presentation at a "Welcome Home" conversazione on 16/06/1920.


Back to Menu